I Think I’m Losing My Mind

Losing My Mind by Carmel Jenkin. 2012

No, I can assure you you probably aren’t. But if that’s how you’re feeling then it may be a good idea to talk to someone. Below are a few mental health organisations you can get in touch with, some of which cover other issues too. As I’m based in the UK most of these only operate here but you can still search for similar services where you are.

I hope some of them prove helpful and please look after yourself. Perhaps you feel like no one cares, but you should know that I do. Hopefully that can be enough.

Rethink Mental Illness
Provide support, advice and information to anyone affected by mental health problems.
Phone: 0300 5000 927 (Monday to Friday, 10am-2pm)
Website: http://www.rethink.org

Advice and support for anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They also campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
Phone: 0300 123 3393 (Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm)
Website: http://www.mind.org.uk

Confidential support for people who are struggling to cope, including those who have had thoughts of suicide.
Phone: 116 123 (24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
Email: jo@samaritans.org
Website: http://www.samaritans.org

London-based LGBT mental health service run by a lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans team. Provide support, therapy and activities, as well as a safe and inclusive space to socialise free from discrimination.
Phone: 020 7272 5038 (Every Tuesday, 10.30am-4pm)
Website: http://www.islingtonmind.org.uk/outcome.asp#.V04SxnErKJc

Brighton-based mental health service run by and for lesbians, gay men, bisexual, trans and queer people. Provide advice, information, advocacy, a peer support group, wellbeing activities and events, a peer mentoring service and an out of hours online chat service.
Phone: 01273 234839 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm)
Email: info@mindout.org.uk
Website: http://www.mindout.org.uk

Support for men in the UK, of any age, who are down or in crisis – challenging a culture that prevents men seeking help when they need it.
Phone: 0800 58 58 58 (5pm-midnight, 356 days a year).
Website: http://www.thecalmzone.net

Offer confidential support, information and advice to any adult worried about the emotional problems, behaviour or mental health of a child or young person up to the age of 25.
Phone: 0808 802 5544
Website: http://www.youngminds.org.uk

Provides emotional support and information to anyone affected by mental illness, including families, friends and carers.
Phone: 0300 304 7000 (Every evening, 6pm-11pm)
Website: http://www.sane.org.uk

Anxiety UK
Works to relieve and support those living with anxiety disorders by providing information, support and understanding via an extensive range of services.
Phone: 08444 775 774 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am-5.30am)
Email: support@anxietyuk.org.uk
Website: http://www.anxietyuk.org.uk

There are also Crisis Teams which provide support to those in a mental health crisis in the community (your own home, for example). To access this service you would usually need someone like your GP, community mental health team (CMHT) or local accident and emergency (A&E) department to make a referral.